Oracle Linux is a secure and extremely effective operating system. In a single, simple-to-manage support package, Oracle Linux provides the operating system, virtualization, management, automation, and cloud-native computing features. It drives Oracle Engineered Systems, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), and Oracle Cloud Applications. Oracle Linux is a tried-and-true platform that is both highly secure and dependable for Oracle and non-Oracle applications. dozens of independent software vendors who have certified their products for the Oracle Cloud, as well as thousands of Oracle Cloud users globally.
Your OCI subscription includes Oracle Linux Support at no additional cost. You can benefit from all the features offered by Oracle Linux Support, such as access to the most recent updates and packages, round-the-clock technical support, the My Oracle Support portal’s extensive Linux knowledge base, Oracle Ksplice updates with zero downtime, Oracle Autonomous Linux, and OS Management Service to manage and monitor Oracle Linux instances, among other things. Additionally, Oracle Linux on OCI offers you a single point of contact for support for Oracle software, the operating system, and cloud infrastructure.
Oracle Linux for your OCI application workloads
Here are 12 strong reasons to consider using Oracle Linux for your OCI application workloads:
- The Oracle Linux kernel and user space can be upgraded and patched with all the most recent important fixes using Ksplice without incurring operational costs or scheduled downtime. Oracle Linux instances in OCI come pre-configured with Ksplice installed and activated.
- Updates to the Oracle Linux images that are offered on OCI happen frequently to help assure access to the most recent software.
- Enhanced Linux development environment: The Oracle Linux yum server provides quick access to Linux developers and previews software channels. Oracle builds and signs thousands of EPEL packages that are made available over the EPEL channel to ensure their security and compliance. We greatly support the Software Collection Library, which enables programmers to install current versions of Python, PHP, NodeJS, Nginx, and other components without having to worry about interfering with programs that are already using different versions of these components.
- Improved cloud developer experience: Oracle provides yum server RPMs that make it simple to install cloud developer tools including Terraform infrastructure orchestration software, software development kits (SDKs), and OCI command line interface (CLI). For the x86 64 and Arm architectures, OCI also offers the Oracle Linux Cloud Developer image, a Platform image that enables you to quickly preinstall, automatically configure, and deploy a complete development environment on OCI. A single image from the Oracle Cloud Console can be used to deploy a choice of popular programming languages, OCI client tools, database connectors, and other tools in a matter of minutes.
- Automated OS management: The OCI-integrated Oracle OS Management service helps in automating routine management operations for Windows Server and Oracle Linux systems. It offers capabilities for managing updates and packages, as well as security and compliance reporting. You can detect and fix system performance issues by using the Resource Discovery and Monitoring tool to obtain visibility into Oracle Linux CPU and memory use as well as top processes.
- Oracle Autonomous Linux, which is based on Oracle Linux, runs in OCI and is controlled by the OS Management service. Without assistance from a person, it automatically handles administration tasks such as patching with zero downtime. It keeps systems extremely safe, helps save staff costs, and helps achieve improved availability. It also monitors important OS events.
- Support for complete containers and container management: The Oracle Container Registry serves as a reliable source for Oracle software container images that have been patched. For use with Kubernetes, Oracle Container Runtime and Oracle Linux Container Services come with Oracle Linux Support.
- Faster downloads: To facilitate quicker downloads of the most recent Oracle Linux security updates, bug patches, and container images for Oracle applications, the Oracle Linux yum server, and Oracle Container Registry are mirrored inside OCI. No internet traffic capacity is used, and there are no network charges because all network traffic stays inside the OCI data centers.
- Rapid instance deployment: Using Oracle Cloud Marketplace and partner images from OCI, OCI offers simple access and quick instance deployment. Oracle Linux, Oracle Linux-based images like Oracle Linux KVM and Oracle Linux Cloud Developer images, as well as other Oracle and partner applications, can all be installed quickly and easily from within the Oracle Cloud Console.
- Oracle Linux for Arm: Create cutting-edge applications utilizing platform images of Oracle Linux for Arm installed on Ampere Altra A1 Compute shapes in OCI.
- High-performance network file system (NFS) server with Oracle Linux Storage Appliance: Using the Oracle Linux Storage Appliance image, which is offered on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, you can quickly and easily create NFS shared storage using NVMe devices connected to OCI bare metal and virtual machine (VM) Compute instances. Images based on Oracle Linux and Autonomous Linux are both accessible.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) applications are 100% binary compatible with Oracle Linux, allowing them to function without reinstallation or coding modifications. By switching yum to receive updates from the Oracle Linux yum server, you can get free support for your RHEL instances under OCI.
Oracle Linux on OCI is the most affordable and well-integrated OS in OCI because of these capabilities, which also makes it the ideal application platform.
Learn about the benefits of OCI
For mission-critical workloads, Oracle Linux is the suggested Linux distribution for Oracle applications. It was designed to offer improved security, scalability, and reliability. Learn why Oracle Linux on OCI is used by so many businesses today. Utilizing Oracle Cloud Free Tier credits, you can start with an OCI account and resources.
Here at CourseMonster, we know how hard it may be to find the right time and funds for training. We provide effective training programs that enable you to select the training option that best meets the demands of your company.
For more information, please get in touch with one of our course advisers today or contact us at email@example.com